How to prepare a presentation
- Get a topic you can identify with!
- Write down as many ideas as come to your mind at once (brainstorming)!
- Collect additional material (text, pics)!
- Write down the structure (Gliederung) of your presentation! Make sure you
present the most important facts only! Cut unnecessary information.
- Only look up words that are frequently used in your presentation or really
necessary. Be sure you use words which you know with their German meaning!
- Practise your presentation several times aloud!!! Use your list of
keywords! Take the time and if your presentation is too long or too
short cut or add information.
- Make your presentation interesting by showing pictures or playing songs at
the right time. But keep in mind: What you say is more important than what
- If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask me!
... write a complete German text and try to translate it
into English! German grammar structures are different from English and
therefore a source for mistakes. Think English from the very first to your
DO NOT... use your dictionary too often because words you have to
look up are most likely unknown to your fellow students as well and too many
new words make a presentation difficult to follow and understand! You are
only allowed to have up to five new words!
DO NOT... learn or memorize your presentation! A presentation has
to be lively! You may use a small list of keywords!