How to prepare a presentation
- Get a topic you can identify with!
- Write down as many ideas as come to your mind at once (brainstorming)!
- Collect additional material (text, pics)!
- Write down the structure (Gliederung) of your presentation! Make sure you
present the most important facts only! Cut unnecessary information.
- Only look up words that are frequently used in your presentation or really
necessary. Be sure you use words which you know with their German meaning!
- Practise your presentation several times aloud!!! Use your list of
keywords! Take the time and if your presentation is too long or too
short cut or add information.
- Make your presentation interesting by showing pictures or playing songs at
the right time. But keep in mind: What you say is more important than what
- If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask me!
- ... write a complete German text and try to translate it
into English! German grammar structures are different from English and
therefore a source for mistakes. Think English from the very first to your
- ... use your dictionary too often because words you have to
look up are most likely unknown to your fellow students as well and too many
new words make a presentation difficult to follow and understand! You are
only allowed to have up to five new words!
- ... learn or memorize your presentation! A presentation has
to be lively! You may use a small list of keywords!